Christmas Quiet Nights Experience at The Ark Open Farm
Despite all the uproar this year, Santa is still planning on coming along to the farm to check up on his reindeer and meet you all this festive season! Although we’ve had to change how we do things, we have an exciting and magical Christmas experience planned and are looking forward to seeing you all to celebrate in a safe and fun way.
The ‘Elf’ and Safety bit:
This year pre booking is essential as we’re reducing numbers to keep everyone safe. At this time of year some of our Christmas Experience will be indoors, so we do ask that anyone over the age of 12 years wears a mask indoors (Santa included). Please do not come to the event if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
In addition, following current guidelines, a maximum of 6 people can book from a maximum of two households only. We are aware that not all families are able to conform to this government rule, so please see our FAQ’s for more info on how to book for more than 6 folk.
It’s REALLY important that you arrive on time for your pre booked experience as we need to manage numbers very tightly given the current situation. If you do arrive late you will miss parts of the experience. We regret that refunds cannot be given for late arrivals.
Magical Christmas Experience 2020
This year our wonderful Christmas event will be a guided experience through the farm, although different to previous years it will be just as magical, here’s what you can look forward to:
- On arrival at the farm you will be met by a friendly elf, and in a small group you’ll begin your journey by meeting and helping to feed Santa’s real reindeer. Your elf guide will tell you a little bit about Santa’s super friendly reindeer and you’ll get to meet some of our other hairy residents.
- Next you will head down to see the big man himself and each family will meet Santa individually. While you’re waiting, the elves will make sure you’re kept cosy with a nice hot chocolate for everyone. Although we can’t get too close to Santa this year, you can share the craic and take lots of socially distanced photos with our friendly, fun Santa.
- Santa’s behind schedule this year! He hasn’t been able to make enough gifts and Santa needs little helpers to assist his elves. Along with a lovely chocolate lolly Santa will give each child a special pass to get into his workshop where the kids (with help from the grownups) will be tasked with making their own gift. Your elf will take you to the Elves workshop where you will choose and make a wonderful cuddly toy to take home!
- Next you will head through to meet some of our small animals and have the chance to give them a Christmas cuddle before heading back out to toast marshmallows and make reindeer food to take home to leave out on Christmas eve.
- After all that you can then spend time exploring the rest of the farm, enjoy the Christmas decorations, nativity scene & photo opportunities and grab a bite to eat in our Cottage Café.
- Remember to leave some notes for Santa while making your booking so we can make the experience even more special for the little ones 😉
Please note: The above schedule is subject to change, especially if government restrictions change prior to the event. If the event is cancelled refunds will be provided.
Terms & Conditions:
- The booking is for the Christmas Quiet Night Experience at The Ark Open Farm, 296 Bangor Road Newtownards, BT23 7PH for your chosen date and time only. All visitors will be required to produce a valid booking confirmation for the date of the visit & timeslot to gain admission to the farm.
- Tickets must be pre-booked and will not be available on the day and members and those with vouchers will also need to let us know that they are visiting by booking a place online.
- Please do not visit the farm if you or your party are self-isolating, are in a high-risk group, are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms of coronavirus.
- We ask that during your visit you stay 2m apart from anyone who does not live in your household.
- Tickets are non–refundable and non-transferable.
- If we are forced to cancel the event a gift voucher for a return visit to the farm will be issued.
- For our usual Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE