We’re delighted to welcome you back to the farm and with over 200 different animals, 2km of pathways and 40 acres to explore we hope you have a great visit. Although things will be a little different and a few activities will be restricted, time outdoors with your family is what we’ve all been missing.
Before you book your farm visit tickets please read our REOPENING INFORMATION in full as this highlights the current restrictions we have in place based on the government guidance, in particular: Pony Rides, and Indoor play areas not being available at the moment.
ABOUT YOUR VISIT
For the safety of our visitors and the Ark Farm team we are adjusting the way we operate for the time being…
- We have placed a restriction on the number of visitors per day to ensure we can comply with social distancing measures and other health and safety guidance. However, your time once at the farm is unlimited (until we close at 5pm).
- Guests must pre-book a date and timeslot in order to help us manage visitor numbers.
- A one-way system has been carefully laid out to help with social distancing.
- Alongside our existing handwashing sinks, additional sanitiser units will be available throughout the farm.
The following activities are available:
- All our wonderful animals will be waiting to welcome you back, including lots of babies born during the lockdown period.
- Animal handling and information sessions
- Animal feed available to purchase
- FREE tractor trailer rides
- Quad barrel rides are now only £1 per barrel!
- Our amazing Jurassic Ark and the Fairytale Forest will be open, as well as an extended trail through the farm.
- We’ve also developed an exciting treasure trail for the kids through the Fairytale Forest with a nice treat upon completion.
- All outdoor play areas including the jumping pillow! Additional safety measures will be in place and time on the pillow will be limited.
- The cottage café will be open serving lovely food and homemade treats. Please note the menu will be limited in the short term and due to government advice, the number of available tables will be reduced.
- Numerous, socially distanced, picnic areas have been set up throughout the farm. Please note that we do have limited indoor picnic facilities.
Until Government restrictions are eased further, we will be unable to offer the following activities:
- Some indoor animal houses will remain closed until further notice along with our indoor children’s play area.
- Pony grooming and pony rides will also be unavailable.
We thank you for your support with these safety measures and look forward to welcoming you back to the farm. For full details on reopening restrictions as well as FAQ’s please click HERE
HAVING TROUBLE BOOKING?
Some common issues faced when booking:
- When a timeslot is almost fully booked it will display the number of spaces for people remaining e.g. “2 left”. Note this is the number of people NOT the number of bookings / groups
- When a day is RED / PINK on the calendar then that day is fully booked
- If you have been able to click the “Add Booking To Basket” button you will be brought back to the same page. This is normal. Your booking has now gone into your basket and you must complete the checkout process to confirm your booking.
Terms & Conditions:
- The booking is for The Ark Open Farm, 296 Bangor Road Newtownards, BT23 7PH for your chosen date and time only.
- All visitors will be required to produce a valid booking confirmation for the date of the visit & timeslot to gain admission to the farm.
- We ask that you read our reopening advice thoroughly before purchasing tickets. There are restrictions on your visit and not all of the activities we normally have will be available.
- Tickets will not be available on the day and members and those with vouchers will also need to let us know that they are visiting by booking a place online.
- Please do not visit the farm if you or your party are self-isolating, are in a high-risk group, are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms of coronavirus.
- We ask that during your visit you stay 2m apart from anyone who does not live in your household.
- Face coverings must be worn in indoor areas of the farm from Monday 10th August.
- Tickets are non–refundable but the date and time of your visit can be changed up to 24 hours before your visit if you are feeling unwell, however tickets could book up quickly and you may not be able to rebook to a date of your choosing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule your visit in these circumstances.
- For our usual Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE