We are delighted to announce that the farm reopened to the public on the 3rd July 2020 and it has been great to see you all! Things will be a bit different down on the farm so we ask that you read our reopening information below thoroughly before booking tickets.
For the safety of our visitors and the Ark Farm team we are adjusting the way we operate for the time being…
- Visitors must pre-book a date and timeslot in order to help us manage visitor numbers.
- We have placed a restriction on the number of visitors per day to ensure we can comply with social distancing measures and other health and safety guidance.
- However, your time once at the farm is unlimited (until we close at 5pm).
- A one-way system has been carefully laid out to help with social distancing.
- Alongside our existing handwashing sinks, additional sanitiser units will be available throughout the farm.
- All our wonderful animals will be waiting to welcome you back, including lots of babies born during the lockdown period.
- FREE tractor trailer rides
- Quad barrel rides are now only £1 per barrel!
- Animal handling and information sessions
- Animal feed available to purchase
- Our amazing Jurassic Ark and the Fairytale Forest will be open, as well as an extended trail through the farm.
- We’ve also developed an exciting treasure trail for the kids through the Fairytale Forest with a nice treat upon completion.
- All outdoor play areas including the jumping pillow! Additional safety measures will be in place and time on the pillow will be limited.
- The cottage café will be open serving lovely food and homemade treats. Please note the menu will be limited in the short term and due to government advice, the number of available tables will be reduced.
- Numerous, socially distanced, picnic areas have been set up throughout the farm. Please note that we do have limited indoor picnic facilities.
Until Government restrictions are eased further, we will be unable to offer the following activities:
- Some indoor animal houses will remain closed until further notice along with our indoor children’s play area.
- Pony grooming and pony rides will also be unavailable.
The safety, well-being and health of our guests and staff is, as always, our top priority. Please observe government guidelines. Maintain distance, observe good hygiene, frequent hand-washing facilities and be socially aware during your visit. Face coverings are required in the indoor areas of the farm from Monday 10th August this includes: admissions. gift shop, animal handling sessions, the cafe when not seated at a table.
It is important we work collectively to ensure the safety of all those that visit or work at the farm. You may find you will need to shadow children to ensure they are safely following all guidelines, and our staff should not be responsible for ensuring your children are following procedures.
Please note that things might just take us that bit longer as we will have additional safety and cleaning measures to attend to, so we ask that you please be patient as we adjust to this new situation.
The owners and management team will be available to chat to you about any concerns and please remember this will be a constantly evolving situation based on the latest advice.